home meet the team recipes rick brimhall photography what we believe

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Why I'm Divorcing Rick

Okay, not really, but last night Rick did something that made me angrier at him than I've ever been.

It was 4:00 in the morning. We were both in a dead sleep. Normally when he sleep talks it's quiet and he moves around beforehand so I know it's coming. This was loud, and sudden, so I knew he wasn't sleep talking.

"Woah! What is that?" He sounded scared. I was instantly awake and my heart was pounding. I thought someone or something was in the room with us.

"Rick?"

"WHAT IS THAT?!" He screamed in sheer terror. I've never heard him scream like that before, and I just knew we were about to be murdered.

"WHAT?! RICK?!?!" I have never heard myself scream like that either. I hoped that we were both at least screaming loud enough to wake someone up and have them call 911. If the paramedics got there fast enough maybe we would survive whatever was about to happen to us. Tears were streaming down my fear stricken face. I was grabbing Rick's shoulder and shaking him violently, waiting for something to happen.

Then, he laughed.

"Rick?"

"What?"

"What just happened?"

"Oh, boys and girls are just different about this kinda stuff."

Now I'm not scared. Now I'm pissed. I continued to shake him and call his name. Usually I can just say his name or give him a slight nudge and he'll snap out of it. This time he just wouldn't wake up. He kept coming in and out of sleep. I tried explaining to him over and over what had happened, and he kept forgetting it. It was like he was coming off of anesthesia. I laid in bed until 4:30 when we had to get up and take a friend to the airport. Once he was up and awake, I asked him what he had dreamed about, he said "trains, probably" but he couldn't remember anything about his dream, I asked him if he remembered what happened or if he remembered us screaming, he didn't. Normally his sleep talking lines up with his dreams and he remembers it.

And on Halloween of all days.

3 comments:

Selena said...

Oh man! That is so scary! It makes funny reading on your blog, but it sounds like it was horrible. Oh Rick!

Amy said...

hahahaha! this made me laugh so much! I had to read it to my husband. Seriously though, i would have been terrified!

Lucky to be the mom said...

I'm sure in 20 years this will be funny...how terrifying! It's a good thing he's so loved :)