home meet the team recipes rick brimhall photography what we believe

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nashville

So I kind of have this fascination/borderline obsession with fish. I could watch fish swim all day, and when I say it like that I realize it sounds like the most boring thing in the world and it probably is, but it's so fun and relaxing to me. When I was a kid my family went to Hawaii and all I wanted to do there was snorkel so I could swim with the fish. I didn't care about sight seeing, or food, or doing all the normal touristy stuff, I just wanted to be with the fish. So everyday I snorkeled, and it was awesome. I love to go to aquariums, and we just decided that we're going to San Diego next week and we're going to Sea World and now I can't sleep cause I'm so excited about it. So when I heard that there was a restaurant in Nashville where the walls were made of giant aquariums, I told Rick I didn't care what else we did in Nashville, but we were absolutely going to go to that restaurant. It was the first thing we did when we got there and it did not disappoint.





I'm pretty sure we didn't talk at all during dinner, cause I was just sitting there hypnotized by watching the fish/sharks/stingrays/eels. The food was good (because neither of us ordered seafood because seafood is gross), and I don't understand why seafood restaurants can do stuff like this. If you went to KFC and you got to watch all the chickens in the back walk around and then you ordered a bucket of wings wouldn't PETA be all over that? It's just weird to me that you can go to a restaurant like this and you can see the signs that tell you to please don't tap on the glass cause it scares the fish but don't worry cause you're gonna eat Nemo in just a few minutes. I was bummed that we were only able to go to the restaurant once, but someday I'll go back.

The next night we walked around downtown Nashville and found the best BBQ place ever. Like in the whole world, probably.

 

Then it was onto shopping, sight seeing, trying not to get lost in a sea of drunken cowboys, and enjoying the music.

We stood and listened to this guy for about 10 minutes.
The whole time he didn't stop rapping. He made up raps about all the people walking by.

Dance off. I'm serious. It was like we were in a musical.

A few seconds after this picture was taken a guy that was hiding in a tree jumped over me
and started dancing.
Awesome, but also terrifying.
Don't worry, we left a good tip.
Afterward we went back to the hotel and for the first and last time ever we ordered room service. It was good, but not $50 good.


So that wraps up the anniversary celebration. It was a fun trip and it was nice to go somewhere we had never been before. Rick's favorite part of the whole thing was when I surprised him with an iPad. I can only get him to genuinely smile in pictures where an Apple product is involved.




5 comments:

ks said...

I would not have tipped...I love, and I mean LOVE little kid mullets.

Selena said...

Nashville!! Never been but seeing that there are men who dance in the streets makes up my mind for me---I gotta go. Happy aniversary!

Anonymous said...

I lOVE lobster but have never ever been able to look into a tank, see a lobster reaching out to me with longing in his beady eyes,and say, "I'll eat that one."

This place looks AMAZING who cares what the food tastes like.

Have fun on your trip. I am so happy that you will be able to spend time with the Little Bricks boys.
xoxoxox,
mom

Lucky to be the mom said...

Happy Anniversary! I'd totally love the restaurant - but I may have ordered seafood...maybe.
Fun post!!!!

Sabina said...

So jealous right now! Patrick is sending me out to see my sister next month and I can't wait!