home meet the team recipes rick brimhall photography what we believe

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Anniversary in Memphis

Memphis is only about 2 hours from Little Rock, so our plan was to go to Memphis, spend the night, then the next day drive another 3 hours to Nashville. Nashville was fun, but Memphis was my favorite. It was a very pretty drive the whole way there. Memphis is right on the border of Arkansas and Tennessee. As we were passing over the state line, we drove across a big river. The only river I'm familiar with is the Provo river, which takes 3 steps to get across. Arkansas has a big river here that is beautiful and I love to watch them raise the bridges to let the boats go under. So when we passed this big river in Tennessee I asked Rick which River it was. He didn't know, but our hotel overlooked the river so we could ask the people at the front desk. Turns out it was the Mississippi river. Yep, we made reservations at a hotel called the River Inn that overlooked the river and we didn't even know it was the Mississippi river. I told the guy at the front desk we had never been here before (to try to somehow redeem ourselves and possibly make us look less like idiots) and he looked at me like "you've never been where before? America? Bless your hearts."




Our hotel room view. Right on the Mississippi River, you might have heard of it before.

Watching the sun set.

Rick carved our initials into the bench we sat on.

We were told that Beale street was the place to go in Memphis. We went and happened to be there on a Wednesday night which is bike night. Everyone brings their motorcycle and parks it along the road. I texted this picture to my mom and told her to show my dad. He and my brothers would have loved this.



Carriage Ride around Memphis.

3 years already, I can't believe it. Happy Anniversary to us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mighty Mississippi River? It does sound familiar?:) When dad moved to Utah and saw the Provo River, with all the attitude of a New York transplant said, "That's it?! That's the mighty Provo River?! Ha! That's not a river that's a creek!" He grew up on the Hudson River--mighty, powerful and wide. So happy to have read this blog today. Happy anniversary and bless your hearts.

Sabina said...

Oh how I miss Tenn. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Beale Street. It is so beautiful there and so relaxing. Did you go to the Peabody hotel? That place is cool too. I am glad you guys had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I hope your having fun in Arkansas!-Melissa Jones