home meet the team recipes rick brimhall photography what we believe

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hotel Home

The last few weeks have been a blur. I got back to Arizona from my trip to Arkansas and had 3 weeks of work, school, and getting ready to move. I'm pretty sure people think we're crazy. Normally when people ask you where you will be living the answer is not "in a hotel" and when they ask how long you'll be there the answer is not "I don't know." If someone gave me those answers I would think they were liars, runaway teens, or in trouble with the law. I promise this is legitimate. Since we are living in a hotel I only brought my clothes. So really this was the easiest move ever for us. 3 bags was all it took. We still have our apartment in Arizona. The one good thing about that dust bowl of a town is that the housing there is really cheap. So we are keeping all of our stuff in our apartment for now.

The hotel we're staying at is brand new. Like it isn't even on google maps yet. A brand new hotel means no cooties anywhere. Best news ever.

The view when you first walk in. I love the long desk with the built in dresser. There is room for all our computer stuff. The plastic bin under the TV is my dresser. We're pretty fancy.

The kitchen. Not just part of the kitchen, the ENTIRE kitchen. The dishwasher is broken so that's fun, but everything else I love. Especially the cupboards. I want those same cupboards in my house someday.

King sized bed! After this, I can't go back to a queen. I just can't. Just barely Rick did his famous steam-roller move and he didn't even elbow me in the face. Magical.

This bathroom is about twice as big as my bathroom in Arizona, and has twice the cupboard space. 

Love it.

I hate toilet shots but this is to show how big the mirror is.


My view. I like to lay in bed at night with the window open to have the fluorescent lights from the Walmart sign shine into the room. So romantic.
This hotel also has a pool, hot tub, BBQ area, gym, and laundry room. I told Rick that everyday I want to make a new recipe from Pinterest, but then I realized I don't care if it's from Pinterest I just want to make something new everyday. Which will probably turn into make something new a few times a week but just cook everyday. So far so good but we don't have an oven so I've been crock-potting like it's nobodies business. They have toaster ovens you can use here but isn't that just for heating stuff up? Or can I actually bake a cake in a toaster oven?

It's actually really pretty here if you just overlook the swamps. 

The Arkansas River.
Besides the humidity that hasn't even really started yet and the swamp smells, I like it here. It's very green. Such a nice change from the desert. Even when you get into the busy city you can look in every direction and just see green.

Since I flew here, I left my car in Arizona for my In-Laws to use. Rick has his car out here, but he takes it to work everyday. I didn't really like that my options would be to either be stranded in a hotel while he was at work or take him to work and pick him up everyday when it's an hour drive one way. We have been talking about buying a new car forever because ours are both hanging on by a thread. So, for my birthday, Rick got me this beaut.


Notice how shiny it is but also the low gas prices.
 It's really nice to drive a car that doesn't spill water from the AC all over your feet when you make a left turn like Rick's car does, and that doesn't have broken door handles so you have to roll the window down and open it from the outside every time like mine does. It's a stick which I don't love but I'm used to it already. That last line should bring tears to my Father's eyes.

Lastly, a few month ago I started a Twitter account as a place to record all the things that Rick says and does in his sleep. Normally he would wake me up by talking and I would go back to sleep and forget about it. Now I just grab my phone and update it. You can follow it on twitter www.twitter.com/ricksdreamworld OR you can just look at the side of the blog because I'm going to keep it on here from now on.

3 comments:

deb said...

Hotel Home doesn't look too shabby! I am glad you are together again (cue Annie song in my head, oi). And nice new car. You are a brave woman, Jodi Brimhall, a brave woman. Also, thanks for still playing that drawing game with me even though I draw like a toddler. Seriously though, Violet's scribbles are better.

deb said...

PS- I just read the twitter stuff. SOOOOOO funny. My favorite: Jodi Harris? Yeah, I know her.

Sarah said...

I was looking at the picture of your bathroom shelves, and was seriously confused about the toothbrushes. It took me literally five minutes to realize they were stuck to the mirror. It looks like they were magical tooth brushes that could only been seen when you look in the mirror, and are invisible on the shelf.

Yeah.

Also, I'm glad that you get to live with Rick again.