home meet the team recipes rick brimhall photography what we believe

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Annoyed

So I finally kicked my bad habit of drinking soda. When I say soda, I mean Dr. Pepper. I don't drink any soda besides Dr. Pepper. If we would go to a restaurant and I'd order a Dr. Pepper and they'd be like "Is Mr Pibb okay?" I would order water instead because Mr. Pibb? Really? No that is not okay. I've been off of Dr. Pepper for 8 days. In possibly relevant news, here is a list of things that have annoyed the hell out of me for the last 8 days:


  • I finally kicked this habit in a state where the water tastes like chlorine and doesn't ever come out of the tap cold unless you leave it running for 482059 minutes, which I don't do because of the overwhelming guilt that consumes me when I leave water running and I think about the Orphans in Africa or something. Why couldn't I have done this in Utah? I love Provo water so much. Every time I go to Utah, I walk into my parents kitchen and the first thing I do is turn on the sink and get myself a cold tall glass of Provo water. We have a Brita water filter in our fridge but I will drink like 3 cups of water and then it will need to be refilled. Rick and I have a silent battle where neither of us will refill the filter, instead we just wait for the other person to pass out from dehydration and then they'll finally give in and refill it. Not sure who's winning yet. But I hate refilling that thing. You have to take it out of the fridge and take the weird lid off and then it won't fit in the sink so you have to fill it up one cup of water at a time, but it holds all the water at the top and then slowly filters through so you have to wait for it to filter through before you can add more. I'd rather just buy water bottles but then I think about plastic and the earth and the Orphans in Africa.
  • When someone moves to a new state and then they act like they're from there after they've lived there for 2 months. I've lived in Arizona for a year, but I'm definitely not an ~ArIzOnA gUrL~. You have to live somewhere for at least 5 years before you can pretend like you know what it's like to be a local. Otherwise you're just making an idiot out of yourself and annoying the people who are actually from there. I also hate it when people are like "Oh, yeah, I'm from Texas. But I moved to Utah when I was 6 months old and then lived there for 20 years. But originally I'm from Texas." Sorry, but that makes you from Utah. If you don't have a memory of where you lived when you were a baby, it doesn't count. You can say that you were born there, but that is not where you're "from". Wherever you lived for the majority of growing up is where you're from. If you were born in one place then moved every few years, you're one of the lucky few who gets to tell people all the cool places you grew up in. Those people are the exception to the rule.
  • People with joint facebook accounts. Why????
  • When I log into Pinterest and someone that I follow has just spent the last 4 days pinning things that are all in the same category. I had to scroll through 50 pages of bird houses to get to the stuff I actually wanted to see.
  • I set my DVR to record 1 minute before and 3 minutes after each show I want to watch, and for some reason every single show I record cuts off at the last 5 minutes and I have no idea how to fix it. The last 5 minutes is always the most important part! What happened in the last 5 minutes of the last Grey's Anatomy episode?!?!
  • Arizona City. Guys, I hate it here. HATE it. I loved it at first. And honestly I don't even know what changed, but one day we were both like "wow, this is the worst place ever to live." I think that what I loved about it was our apartment, which I still love, but everything else about this place I hate. First off, it's so far away from everything. The closest main store to us is a Walmart, and it's 15 minutes away. Actually it's not even in the same city as us. Second, there are no good food places here. We love food, and we love to eat out, so good food will make or break a place for us. There is a Taco Bell by the local gas station, but that is about it. So disappointing. Third, we live right by this big open field and people just walk right by our apartment all day (and night) and it's just weird. Fourth, it's dusty. So dusty. And windy. Last night we were driving home from Tucson and there were signs everywhere that said "50 mph winds ahead" and then we got hit by a gust of wind so hard that it blew us into another lane and we almost hit a diesel. Our apartment contract is up in October then we'll move back to Tucson. But then we have to move again, and I really hate moving.
  • I'm still nauseous a lot and still have bouts of throwing up every once in a while. I have no idea what is causing this, but it's almost like I get flare ups. It's never brought on by a certain type of food so I never know when it's going to hit. I finally made an appointment to see a GI Doctor and I just know that they're going to have to shove a camera down my throat. Just the thought of it is making me dry heave. I know I'll be out for it, but still. Usually with any type of ailment I turn to my trusty friend WebMD. Do you know what happens when you WebMD symptoms of nausea and vomiting? You diagnose yourself with every disease ever, such as: pregnancy, miscarriage, brain tumor, cancer, stress, heart attack, gall stones, kidney stones, kidney failure, liver failure, food poisoning, infections, concussion, ulcers, and everything else you could possibly think of. Not helpful.
I could really use a Dr. Pepper right about now.

4 comments:

Selena said...

Ugh. That sounds so crappy. Especially the no Dr. Pepper part. Good heavens.

Anonymous said...

I think you are dehydrated. Fill the dang water filter already.

Trisha said...

Haha :) Web MD is just like when doctors prescribed me birth control for any ailment I had: headaches? BC. Depression? BC. Sprained wrist? BC baby!

Lucky to be the mom said...

Oh, honey, you can be annoyed by all those things and never drink Dr. Pepper! Yes, I love it, about 1/4 teaspoon full - then it makes me incredibly sick..

Having spent too much time with Arizona (and Texas water) ... forget the kids in Africa and buy a case of water bottles, or like me, several cases - yes, I just admitted to that and I have GREAT tap water! Arizona water is just disgusting - from Flagstaff to Tucson to Pima...it's disgusting!

Dehydration is an issue to argue though...just drink the water! No, not the tap water!!!

xoxo